Sunday, February 21, 2010

Preface for 2008

I decided to quickly skip through 2007, primarily because the themes that occurred in 2007 have mostly already been brought up in my previous updates already. It was more of the same, but with a few different colourings here and there. After I have given this general overview of things I will probably go back and fill in some gaps, provide other details and tell other interesting stories of different things that occurred which I think are of relevance.

2008, to me, was such a vital year, and the themes that will be coming up in the following updates are a bit different from those already covered. 2007 I think was my peak in terms of my time with the Krishnas. From early 2008, or maybe even late 2007, everything started going downhill. It really did all start falling apart. The floodgates started showing their cracks and it was only a matter of time before they burst altogether.

In particular a certain event which occurred late in February of 2008 (actually, the two year anniversary of this event is only a few days away) set off a nuclear bomb in my mind, the effects of which I know I am still struggling to come to grips with. It is the part of this story I have most dreaded writing about, and I may be something that I will split into two updates.

Some people have written to me to tell me that they are reading this blog at the edge of their seats, checking every couple hours to see if I have written another update. For those of you who have become addicted to this story, prepare for a bit of an emotional rollercoaster ride. You may want to keep some tissues on hand as I talk about February 2008 in particular. And Jasmine, you may not want to read that update at work, just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment