Monday, February 15, 2010

It starts

Well, I've decided that, for therapeutic reasons, and for practical reasons, I'm gonna start a blog to discuss everything everyone is asking me about my time with the Krishnas and my reasons for leaving. I kinda feel like I need a place to air some of the things I'm going through at the moment, for my own benefit. I also think that running a blog like this will give me a chance to answer a lot of questions people keep asking me without having to have the same conversations over and over again. Instead, I can just direct people here.

Leaving the Krishnas and dealing with the aftermath is a deeply emotional experience. Sometimes I don't really want to talk about it with people. And sometimes I feel like talking non-stop. So this blog is about accommodating both of those feelings in one place.

To start with, I plan on putting together a series of pieces describing the reasons I was drawn to the Krishna community in the first place, some information about my time with them, my experiences within their community, my reasons for leaving, and my experiences of life having left a community I was part of for seven years.

I will be publishing this in a series of blog updates on here as I put them together. Hopefully it will be beneficial for everyone involved.

If anyone has any personal questions at any time about anything I post on here, please contact me personally. Also, this blog will not be used as a chance for debate. It is about my personal experiences and perceptions of things. If you disagree with something I write on here, do not use the comments features to air your opposition. All such comments will be deleted. But you can contact me personally with such comments, and I will choose whether to reply to them or not.

I do not plan on using this blog to attack any community or persons within any community. I just want a medium to express my feelings and experiences and perspective of things I went through and am going through.

Hopefully this little project or whatever will be appreciated for what it is.

2 comments:

  1. Like you, I'm a former Hare Krsna devotee so am looking forward to reading of your experiences. Some 28 years after leaving ISKCON I'm only now in a position to deal with all that emotional baggage I've carried around with me ever since!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here...Isn't there a support group or something? Haha.

    ReplyDelete